1. Know your local statues
2. Opportunity is exclusive to one person so if you get information about that person follow up.
3. Get the name of the person that forced the door (not just that it was the fire department)
4. Embrace technology I.e. Cell phone info. Someone wearing a wire, social media
5. Keep your CV or resume updated.
6. Your responsibility to review reports prior to trail.
7. If given the opportunity to testify volunteer to do so.
8. Know search and seizures laws
9. Educate law enforcement about arson
10. All entities (Law, Fire Service, Investigators both public and private need to work together.
Copyright© 2012, Idaho Chapter International Association of Arson Investigators. All Rights Reserved.08/29/2012
Website powered by Network Solutions®